This is my second time participating in Library Day in the Life . If you want to see what I wrote before, check it out: Library Day in the Life Round Three. My morning really had me thinking I should have just stayed in bed. I look outside it’s windy and rainy. I finally get out of the house, and walk to my train stop, only to wait, because not one, not two, but three trains passed my stop completely. Gotta love the MTA.
I still had good intentions to get through my to-do list, especially since I feel the pressure to succeed since I’m blogging for everyone to see.
So, folks, here is my to-do list for Monday, January 25, 2010:
- Submit Staples Order – this will never be completed, grr, every time I go to open the staples order, I get distracted!
- Edit blog entries — done! One is currently live: …
- Change Poll Question — done!
- Email re: ILLiad Training/Questions and getting started – done!
- Email re: Getting Reserve/Purchase Recommendation forms moved to our Wufoo account – done!
- Finish Columbia Ref. Symposium proposal – done!
In addition to the to-do list, here are some of the daily and not-so-daily activities that happened today on the job:
- Here’s one of the not-so-daily activities: Our PC terminal isn’t checking books in and out, I need to write the IT helpdesk, something is up with our IP address. But, the MAC terminal is working just fine, thankfully.
- My favorite kind of request: a student wants to make a periodical subscription request, this is always nice to hear.
- A faculty member needs research help with finding stuff on Factiva and Lexis Nexis, always fun digging for stuff, especially when it comes to health care. At least for me 😉
But, I have to say, for starting the day at 11:30 am, (thanks again MTA and Mother Nature) and leaving the office at 5:30 pm, getting 5 out of 6 things done, plus the added daily occurrences. I’d like to pat myself on the back.
And, that’s a typical day here at my job… hope it didn’t bore you to death.