Yes, LL Cool J popped in my head as I started to write this blog post.
I know I made a public resolution last year that I’d write a post every month.
And then I intentionally decided to be more mindful about what I shared, and how much time I spent on social media. Yes, this is coming from someone who published a book on how to build communities via Twitter ( not-so-shameless plug here)
It’s not that 2020 lacked inspiration — here are things I could have blogged about:
- An ode to my office chair
- Managing the Impossible: Working remotely with a toddler
- I may never wax my eyebrows again and other areas of beauty I’ve neglected.
- Prepare your mind for being a mom or how I dealt with postpartum anxiety.
- Why upgrading to a new integrated library system remotely isn’t for the faint of heart.
- The silver lining of this dreaded pandemic: witnessing Evan’s 1st milestones
- Why diversity, equity and inclusion aren’t buzz words
- My gratitude to the creator of Santiago of the Seas.
- My growing appreciation for podcasts
- Discovering the rabbit hole known as Tik Tok. Special shout to #CleanTikTok
- Having no shame that I will subscribe to Discovery+ for more 90 Day Fiance nonsense
- The current state of politics and how I recommend everyone subscribe to this history professor’s newsletter.
And to end, I’ll leave you of this memory from Facebook today.
It’s from my first visit to Guatemala — and I really hope we can travel again soon: